RULES OF BELIEF
The Following is expected of you :-
- - This Church is a
- - A personal Testimony of your salvation in Christ. (Acts iv 12; Rom. x,9)
- - Your acknowledgement of, and obedience to, the Order and Officers of the Church, (Heb. xiii.17; Eph. iv.11; I Cor. xiii.28.)
- - Your presence in the meetings of the Church and abidance in full communion; that is, not to absent yourself more than three times from Communion without sufficient reason given for your absence. (Heb. x.25)
- - Your conformity with the fundamental Doctrines of the Church, as well as with the two Ordinances, namely, Baptism by Immersion, and the Lord's Supper. (II John i.9; Rom. vi.17; Rom. vi.4; Luke xxii.19; I Cor. xi.24).
- - That you contribute towards the support of the Cause, as taught unto us in the Word of God. (Gen. xiv.20, xxviii.22; Lev. xxvii.30; I Chron. xxix.14; I Cor. xvi.2; Matt. xxiii.23; Heb. vii.8,17).
- - That you keep the Counsels of the Church within the Church. (Matt. vii.6).
- - That you pray for and help every member, remembering that we are joint members in the Body of Christ. (Heb. x.24; I Cor. xii.25, 26; I Tim.ii.1; Gal. vi.2).
- - "Endeavouring to keep the Unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." (Eph. iv.3).
- - If a grievance arise, refer Matt. xviii.15,16,17.
11. - Never come to the house of God without praying before coming. (Matt. vi.7; Eph. Vi.18)
12. - Be in your seat at the commencement of the service. Your will thus be a good example to those that are late and neglectful. (Gen. xxii.3; Psa. cviii.2; Prov.Viii.17; Cant.vii.12).
13. - Bring your children to the House of God. (Ex. xx.10)
14. - Make the pastor your personal friend. His sympathy, support and counsel are needed by you. Constantly pray for him. (I Thess.ii.7; Joel ii.17; Mal ii.7; Rom. xv.30; II Cor.i.11; Eph. vi.19; Heb. xiii.17).
15. - Make the church your spiritual home. (Acts. ii.46,47; Psa. cxxxiii.1)
16. - When conversing on the hearth, never speak disrespectfully or criticisingly of Gods servants, or their ministrations, in the presence of your children. If you sow to the wind, you may expect to reap the whirlwind. (Gal. vi.7; Prov. xxii.8; Hos. viii.7)
17. - Take your Bible with you to the House of God. (Ps. i.2; cxix. 16,72; Rom. xv.4; II Tim. iii.16,17).
18. - Enter reverently; pray fervently; listen attentively; give praise with a grateful heart, and worship God in the in the beauty of Holiness. (Ps. cxviii. 27-29; Eccles. v.1; Rom. xii.11; James i.19).
"ENTER UNTO HIS GATES WITH THANKSGIVING AND INTO HIS COURTS WITH PRAISE; BE THANKFUL UNTO HIM AND BLESS HIS NAME.' (Ps. c.4).